I took a look at the weather forecast for Tuskegee, where we were heading, and saw that a tornado warning was in effect for the afternoon. That was enough for me. I’m never crazy about traveling in a storm, but I was not willing to tempt fate with the possibility of a tornado. We found a Drury Inn nearby and checked in. It was nice to be out of the weather.
This is the second Drury Inn we’ve stayed in, and this chain is perfect for us. It’s a nice chain, is very clean and is very pet-friendly, with nary an extra charge for a pet. Happy hour and breakfast are included in the rate, so you don’t even have to leave the hotel if the weather is nasty.
We had planned to leave Montgomery this morning, but the weather forecast was not much better than yesterday. No tornados were predicted, but severe thunderstorms were still in the forecast. Plus, the fog was so dense this morning that we could barely see out our window. It was an easy decision to stay put for another day and wait out the weather. It’s so nice we have the flexibility to change our plans whenever we feel like it.
|It Doesn't Look Good Where We're Heading|
|The View from Our Window at 10:00 am This Morning|
Tornados in Montgomery this. Morning i hope you are fine.ReplyDelete
LV and Anonymous, LV, somehow I lost your comment. I'm so sorry. Yes, there were tornados in Arkansas yesterday, and Birmingham was hit early this morning. Montgomery had a tornado watch, but luckily, none touched down here. We're fine. SarahReplyDelete